Over one billion people in slums and villages worldwide lack safe, adequate roofing.
Corrugated cement and metal sheets are the most widely used roofing materials in these communities all over the world, but these options are uncomfortable and even dangerous:
- Unbearably hot in the summer
- Loud and leaky during monsoon season
- Break frequently, causing injury
- Require costly, time-intensive repairs
- Contain toxic chemicals like asbestos
Corrugated metal and cement roofing lead to adverse health effects and reduced quality of life. The only other option on the market is a concrete roof, which is simply unaffordable for low-income families.